SITTEC Ltd. takes an active part in the Fifth Northern Investment Forum held on 19-20 September 2013 in Syktyvkar
On 19 and 20 September SITTEC took part in the Fifth Northern Investment Forum and Exhibition held in Syktyvkar under the theme “The Development of mineral resources in the Russian European North.”
The Forum and Exhibition brought together the heads of federal authorities as well as of Komi authorities, representatives of enterprises which carry out investment projects and produce and process mineral resources in the Komi Republic and in the neighbouring regions of the Russian North:
- Valery Anatolyevich Pak, Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation/the Head of the Russian Federal Subsurface Control Agency;
- Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Gaizer, the Head of the Komi Republic;
- Vladimir Vladimirovich Kirillov, the Head of the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resources;
- Igor Vladimirovich Kovzel, Chairman of the State Council of the Komi Republic;
- Viktor Mikhailovich Cherepov, Executive Vice-President, Board Member of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs;
- Viktor Petrovich Orlov, President of the Russian Geological Society, Advisor to the Chairman of Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation;
- Vladimir Nikolaevich Bavlov, Chairman of Public Council under the Russian Federal Subsurface Control Agency, Honoured Geologist of the Russian Federation;
- Igor Leonidovich Shpektor, Member of the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation, President of the Union of Cities of the High Arctic and Far North;
- Other participants representing authorities and companies which work in the Russian European North or plan to invest in this region.
At the conference held under the theme “The Development of Ore Mining Complex in the European North” Elena Dmitrieva, Director-General of CJSC SITTEC, made a report titled “Titanium coagulant – highly effective chemical for water purification”. The report was accepted with great interest and won a high appraisal for the creation of new prospects for titanium industry and for the application of titanium coagulant as an innovative chemical for drinking water purification and industrial waste water treatment. The Forum guests and participants visited SITTEC’s exhibition stand, where they could see a screen presentation of the process of ore development and enrichment and of titanium coagulant production.
SITTEC’s report paid special attention to the issues of health, safety and environment, which are given top priority in the implementation of the company’s project of building up titanium coagulant production.
SITTEC Ltd., which is part of IFD Kapital Group, is realizing the project of building up titanium coagulant production on the basis of Yarega oil and titanium resource (the Komi Republic, the Russian Federation). Titanium coagulant is an innovative highly effective chemical for drinking water production, and industrial and municipal waste water treatment. The superior removal capacity of titanium coagulant is accounted for by the high adsorption capacity of titanium containing phases in the product, which has significant technical and economic advantages over other coagulants.
6 Krasnopresnenskaya Naberezhnaya,
Tel.: (495) 411-52-00
Fax: (495) 733-98-48